To ensure a successful and efficient relocation it is important to have all the necessary packing materials. Wrapping, padding, packing and boxing procedures are vital to protect your belongings throughout your relocation process. This Side Up Moving offers a complete line of packing and unpacking services, as well as all the boxes and packing supplies you’ll need. To accommodate all of our clients needs professional packers are able to assist with all or as little of the packing and unpacking process as necessary.
Many people pack themselves, which can be the more economical way to go. To help you pack your possessions as efficiently as
possible, This Side Up Moving has listed a few helpful packing tips to make packing easier.
- Do not over pack boxes – a good rule is “the heavier the item, the smaller the box.”
- Pack all items you will not need in advance.
- Legal documents, valuables, and family medical records should be personally transported.
- By law, a moving company cannot transport hazardous materials such as as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives, cleaning fluids, and detergents.
- Don’t mix items from different rooms in the same boxes
- Be sure to clearly all label boxes to help the movers efficiently unpack.
- Pack an essential box of things that you will need immediately at your new home. Make sure it is loaded last on the truck so that the contents can be immediately available at your new home.
- Pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface – this will minimize the chance of breaking items during packing.
- Lampshades and fine china should not be packed in newspaper, the reason for this is that ink can permanently stain and damage these items.
- Please tape all ends of the box after packing,don’t interlocking the ends together.